Mo's Linguini Alfredo with Oregon Bay Shrimp
Mo's is a favorite go to spot along the Oregon coast. It's not a secret, so you can expect a long line when you arrive at any of their six locations. This recipe uses Oregon Bay Shrimp, also known as Oregon Pink or Salad Shrimp, which is exclusive to the Oregon coast. They are small, succulent and lovely in the mouth. Now you can make one of their delectable dishes at home. Please don't substitute canned shrimp! Ugh! It's worth the trip!
- 1 pound Linguini Noodles
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 1-1/2 cups Parmegiano Reggiano
- 7 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Fresh ground Pepper, to taste
- Fresh grated Nutmeg, about 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups Oregon Bay Shrimp
- Salt to taste! The cheese is salty so only use as needed!
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Start your pasta boiling and cook until al dente. Save 2 cups of your pasta water.
In a medium sauce pan, pour in the Chardonnay and heat to boiling. Reduce the heat and add the bay shrimp, sauteing until warmed throughout. Set aside but keep it warm.
In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until you can smell the garlic. Pour in the heavy cream and stir together over medium heat until mixture reduces a little, stirring frequently. Add the cheese and whisk until smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Add the freshly grated nutmeg and the freshly ground pepper, stirring until well mixed.
Add the shrimp mixture to the Alfredo pan and stir until well incorporated. Drain the cooked alfredo and pour into the Alfredo sauce, stiring until well blended. If mixture is too thick, add some pasta water, a little at a time until you reach your desired consistancy. Pour into serving bowl(s) and top with fresh chopped parsley and more shaved Parmegiano Reggiano if desired.
You'll also love
- Pork Stew 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spicy Chili Lime Coleslaw 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Air Fryer Fried Ravioli 3.3/5 (92 Votes)
- Sugar Snap Pea & Carrot Soba... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Etouffee - Instant Pot 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Walleye Gumbo 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Rocco DiSpirito's Fettuccine... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Cajun Crabmeat Au Gratin 4/5 (6 Votes)