Kiwi banana bread
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 over ripe bananas (mashed)
- 6 kiwis (diced)
Place the flour into a large bowl. Add cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Using a wire whisk, blend all the ingredients together.
In a separate bowl combine the butter and the sugars, mix till well blended. Add one egg at a time and whisk till smooth, once all the eggs are blended in mix in the vanilla.
Pour in the buttermilk and mashed bananas, continue to mix till smooth.
Add in the diced kiwi fruit, once mixed add in the flour mixture and mix till blended. Do not over mix.
Pour banana mixture into two well greased loaf pans with a little flour dusted on the bottom. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the loaf pans for 10 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Potato criquettes (Italian fried... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Grandma's Ricotta Raisin Pie 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Tequila & Lime Turkey Chili 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana & Kiwi Muffins 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Kiwi - Pear - Apple Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe