Pain d’Épices à l’orange: Orange Spiced Bread
Miam miam! (Yum yum!) This bread is exquisite, and perfect for spring! Light, but warm. Delicious, but not too sugary. It’s great!
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Pain d’épices Spice Blend (ginger, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom and clove)
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Orange Jam
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 1/2 cup Orange Blossom Honey
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Preheat oven to 300 Farenheit/150 Celcius.
2. Butter a long bread pan, then place a sheet of parchment paper inside to lift bread out easily after cooking.
3. Add all dry ingredients together.
4. Mix well.
5. In a clean bowl, add water, honey, and jam.
6. Add melted butter and mix well.
7. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients bowl in 3 batches.
8. Mix well after each addition.
9. Place batter in baking pan and place in oven for 45 minutes.
10. Cool and remove from pan. Enjoy!