Chicken and Feta Braid
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cooked chicken chunks
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced red bell pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, feta cheese, red peppers, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined.
Unfold each puff pastry onto a large baking sheet. Spoon half the chicken mixture lengthwise down center of each pastry sheet.
Cut slits one inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling on both sheets of pastry. Braid dough over filling, overlapping to form "X" shapes. Spray tops with cooking spray.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Slice and serve.
If you like, you can dress this up by drizzling a little chicken gravy over the top.