Sausage Stuffing is the perfect recipe to stuff your next Thanksgiving turkey with. This recipe stuffs a15-pound bird and can easily be adapted to fit various sized birds accordingly. Perfect for a rich side dish to adorn your holiday table, this recipe combines the succulent flavors of pork sausage, sweet apples, and crisp white wine.
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package pork sausage, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (6-ounce) packages Bell's Traditional Stuffing
Preparation time 16mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from bellsseasonings.com
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chopped onions for 5 minutes in the melted butter, then add the chopped celery and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
Add thawed pork sausage and cook with the vegetables for 10 minutes, chopping moving the mixture around with a spatula in the pan to chop up the sausage and incorporate it with the vegetables. Then, pour in apple juice, wine, raisins, and apples. Heat through, then remove from the heat.
In a large bowl, combine 2 packages of Bell's Stuffing Mix with the above mixture. Stir with a fork to blend well. Pack lightly into the cavity of a 15-pound turkey just before roasting or spread evenly in a covered casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Wild Mushroom Pizza with Truffle... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Crockpot Bacon Topped Mac and... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Irish Pancake Shot 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Rhoda's Candied Sweet Potatoes -... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Honey Glazed Pork 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Sausage Bread 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pizza Hut Creamy Garlic Sauce 3.9/5 (155 Votes)
- Gingerbread Waffles with a... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)