Crockpot Bacon Topped Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 12 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 8 oz (half of 16-oz loaf) prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped packaged precooked bacon (about 8 slices from 2.1-oz package)
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time. Place macaroni in slow cooker; immediately add butter and stir until melted.
Add evaporated milk, half-and-half, 2 1/2 cups of the Cheddar cheese, the cubed cheese, mustard, salt and pepper; stir to blend well.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking time. During last 15 minutes of cooking, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and the bacon.