Layered Lettuce Salad
This salad should be refrigerated several hours or overnight before eating.
- 1/2 Head Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce torn into small pieces
- 3 Ribs Celery, sliced (1 Cup)
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Peas (Cooked or Canned)
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise - or enough to spread in a thin layer
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheese (Parmesan, Cheddar,
- or Swiss)
- 1 Cup Bread Cubes sauteed in 2 - 3 Tbsp butter or croutons.
- Tomato Wedges (For garnish)
In large bowl, layer lettuce, celery, onion, and peas.
Spread a layer of mayonnaise over peas.
Sprinkle with sugar and cheese.
Cover airtight with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Just before serving sprinkle with croutons and toss well. Garnish with tomatoes.
Cover and refrigerate any leftovers - will keep for 1 day.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)