Cranberry & Chipotle Turkey Sliders
These turkey sliders are a delicious and unique twist on a classic! Adjust the heat level with the amount of chipotle chiles added so the whole family can enjoy them!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked turkey or chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 16 small ciabatta rolls, warmed, split
- 8 (.75-ounce) slices American cheese, each cut into quarters
- 16 small lettuce leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from landolakes.com
Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until sizzling; add onion. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in turkey and chiles. Sprinkle flour over turkey mixture; mix well. Stir in broth; continue cooking until hot and bubbly.
Place cranberry sauce into bowl; mash whole cranberries. Add mayonnaise; mix well. Set aside.
Place 1 lettuce leaf onto bottom half of each roll. Top each with 2 cheese quarters and about 1/4 cup turkey mixture. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons cranberry mixture onto each cut-side of top half of rolls. Place over cheese.
The chipotle chiles add heat to this recipe. Increase or decrease the heat level by using more or less of the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. Place any remaining chipotle chiles and adobo sauce in a freezer container and freeze for future use. Just slightly thaw, and chop up some of the chiles in your taco fillings or to spice up soups and stews.
You'll also love
- Broccoli fish bake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Falafel-Coated Shrimp with Yogurt... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini-Garlic Pasta 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Juicy Turkey Burgers 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple and Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Braised Rabbit 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Blossom Bundt Cake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Raspberry-Avocado Semifreddo 4.3/5 (8 Votes)