Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake
This Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake is sure to be a hit this holiday season! Tender, moist and packed with deliciously bright flavors of orange and cranberry.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature, 8 ounces
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, roughly chopped
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter and flour two medium sized loaf pans (about 8x5x2.5 each), and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy. When mixer is light in color and fluffy, add the zest. Set mixer to low and add in eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in cranberries.
Divide batter evenly between your loaf pans. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove from oven. Place cakes on a wire rack to cool. After about 5 minutes, lay cakes on their sides, and allow to cool for another 5 minutes. Flip cakes onto their other sides and cool for another 5 minutes.
Remove cakes from pans, and let cool on the wire rack. Drizzle with orange glaze while the cake is still warm. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Whisk confectioners sugar, butter, orange zest and orange juice together in a small bowl. Add more juice or sugar to achieve the desired consistency.
You'll also love
- Spinach Bacon Cheese Puffs 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Preacher Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Peach Bourbon Upside-Down Cake 4.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Crustless Pie (or... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Top Heavy Crumb Cake 3.7/5 (265 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Pie 4.8/5 (4 Votes)