Pineapple Habanero Jelly
- 3 habanero peppers
- 1 - 20 oz can of pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeds and pulp removed
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fruit pectin
- 4 - 1/2 pint jars
Adapted from southernkissed.com
1, Wash jars, lids, and rims. Place clean jars in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes to sterilize.
2. Wearing gloves, cut peppers in half and remove the seeds and pulp. Place in a food processor. Add pineapple and bell pepper and process until smooth.
3. In a large pot, combine sugar, vinegar and pepper blend. Stir on medium-high heat until it starts boiling. Turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add fruit pectin and return to boil and cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour into prepared jars, place lid and rims on tightly and place jars in boiling water for 10 minutes. (If you plan on eating within a week, you can invert the jars for approximately 10 minutes to help create the seal.
You'll also love
- Auntie Lu's easy cheesy tuna... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Crockpot Adobo Pulled Pork 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- African Sweet Potato Stew 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Apricot Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Peach Vanilla Cheesecake Trifle 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Orange, Grapefruit, Pear, Apple 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham 4.1/5 (16 Votes)