Pineapple Habanero Jelly
- 3 habanero peppers
- 1 - 20 oz can of pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeds and pulp removed
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fruit pectin
- 4 - 1/2 pint jars
Adapted from southernkissed.com
1, Wash jars, lids, and rims. Place clean jars in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes to sterilize.
2. Wearing gloves, cut peppers in half and remove the seeds and pulp. Place in a food processor. Add pineapple and bell pepper and process until smooth.
3. In a large pot, combine sugar, vinegar and pepper blend. Stir on medium-high heat until it starts boiling. Turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add fruit pectin and return to boil and cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour into prepared jars, place lid and rims on tightly and place jars in boiling water for 10 minutes. (If you plan on eating within a week, you can invert the jars for approximately 10 minutes to help create the seal.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Beef Pot Roast with Gravy 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Penne and Green Beans with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Almond Coconut Spread Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fennel, Orange & Star Anise Vinegar 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE JIU JITSU 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Cake With Pineapple Glaze 4/5 (3 Votes)