Crockpot Adobo Pulled Pork
- 1.75 lb lean pork center loin
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (gluten free use tamari)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 ground peppercorns
- 4 - 6 bay leaves
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions, for garnish
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Place pork, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves (jalapeño if using) in the crock pot; cover and set to low heat 6 to 8 hours turning over half way through cooking.
Remove the pork, shred with two forks and put it back in the crock pot for one more hour to let the flavor get into the meat. Discard bay leaves and serve over rice and top with chopped scallions.