Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower
- FOR CAULIFLOWER:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, small diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR CHICKEN AND PAN SAUCE:
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 4 (6-ounce) organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded slightly
- 4 thin slices high-quality prosciutto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
PREPARE THE CAULIFLOWER MASH:
Place a large saucepan over medium high heat.
Add the oil to the pan and saute the shallots for 1 minute. Add the garlic.
Add the butter and cook until the butter is golden brown.
Stir in the cauliflower, milk, and cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Decrease the heat to low and simmer very gently until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
Pour off the liquid and reserve it.
Mash the cauliflower in the pan with a potato masher. The mash should be rustic and chunky. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm until serving.
PREPARE THE CHICKEN:
Place 2 to 3 sage leaves on top of each chicken breast.
Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each chicken breast.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
COOK THE CHICKEN:
Place a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat, add the oil, and place the chicken breasts in the pan.
Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer the chicken to a plate.
MAKE PAN SAUCE:
Remove the chicken from the pan and add the butter and shallot.
Cook for 30 seconds swirling the pan, then add the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and parsley and simmer until reduced by half.
Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Divide the cauliflower evenly among 4 serving plates.
Slice the chicken breasts in half on a sharp diagonal. Lay the chicken breasts next to the mounds of cauliflower then spoon the pan sauce over each chicken breast and serve.
Read more: http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/prosciutto-wrapped-chicken-breast-with-mashed-cauliflower-150381/#ixzz1E9RYrFMd
You'll also love
- Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom... 3.7/5 (391 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)
- Prosciutto & Gruyère Croissants 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Victoria 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Chicken Salad with Feta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Filet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala or Merlot* 0/5 (0 Votes)