Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Hazelnut Oil
- 1 whole garlic head
- 12 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted hazelnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap in foil. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Add garlic to pan. Bake garlic and cauliflower at 425° for 35 minutes or until golden brown, turning cauliflower after 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Separate garlic cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
3. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; saute 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add milk, broth, and thyme sprigs; bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Discard thyme sprigs. Stir in reserved garlic pulp and cauliflower. Place half of milk mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining milk mixture. Stir in hazelnut oil, salt, and pepper. Ladle 1 cup soup into each of 12 bowls; top each serving with 2 teaspoons parsley.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Olive Oil Cake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- chocolate cherry cordial bread... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Mixed Seafood Recipe -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Tapioca Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Couscous Bake with Capers... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Eggplant Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs with Cauliflower 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic Oil 0/5 (0 Votes)