- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- You may substitute 1/3 cup store-bought strawberry jam
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from spoonful.com
Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Mash mixture with a potato masher until the berries are softened and sugar is dissolved.
Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
Boil, stirring often to prevent mixture from sticking to pan, until thick, about 5 minutes.
Cool to room temperature.
Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured, movable, flat surface, such as a lightweight cutting board.
Lightly dust surface of pastry with flour and roll to smooth creases.
Spread pastry sheet with 1/3 cup of the strawberry mixture. (Refrigerate any remaining strawberry mixture for up to 5 days.)
Roll the second sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to smooth creases; place on top of first sheet and press down gently.
Place filled puff pastry in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone mat.
Using a ruler as a guide, cut into pastry into 1 1/2-inch strips.
Carefully pick up strips and place on baking sheets, twisting 3 times before laying down.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Chili Cheese Cornbread 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Salad - Pasta - w/Creamy Honey... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican Vegetable Soup with Lime... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- OATMEAL RAISINET COCONUT COOKIES 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- BRIGHT EYED AND BLUEBERRY 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY ARUGULA SALAD 4.5/5 (6 Votes)