Mini Apple Pies
No slicing needed here. These lil yummy treats are sure to be hit with family and friends. The tiny individual pie's specialize the whole experience, not to mention they taste awesome. Even better served with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!
- 8 cups apples, cut into 1/2 inch bits
- 12 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg (depending on how much you like nutmeg, you could also leave it out)
- 4 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into 24 equal portions.
- 2 boxes of pie crusts (four chilled NOT frozen crusts)
Adapted from facebook.com
Mix the apples with the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
Unroll your first pie crust and cut several circles out. Continue this until you have enough crusts. I found that a wide mouth mason jar ring worked perfectly. Line each cup of your muffin tin with a tiny pie crust.
Gently fill the crusts with your apple mixture; you should be able to fill until slightly mounded; put a dab of butter on each pie. Cover as desired with left over dough. Brush with melted butter and bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 18 to 22 minutes.