1-Point Banana Bread
This banana bread is so moist and tasty, and best of all it's healthy! For those on Weight Watchers, 1-Point Banana Bread is an easy, economical, homemade alternative to buying expensive specialty foods at the grocery store, and one slice is only one point! Bake a couple of loaves of this banana bread over the weekend and eat a loaf all week for breakfast and freeze the rest in your freezer for up to 1 month.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup natural applesauce
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixer, mash bananas, add Splenda, then mix together thoroughly. Then, mix in the applesauce, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda.
Pour ingredients into a bread pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; cake tester should come out clean when done.
Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
If using a dark coated pan, bake at 325°F and bake a little longer, maybe 10 to 15 minutes longer, just keep an eye on it; cook the cake until when a toothpick comes out of the cake clean, with no batter on it, it's okay if it has crumbs on it.
You'll also love
- Olive, Bacon, & Cheese Bread 4.1/5 (111 Votes)
- Batter Fried Mushrooms 4.1/5 (100 Votes)
- Berry Sorbet - Paleo Friendly 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory Copycat Key... 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Strawberry Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Banana Shake Recipe (Paleo) 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (65 Votes)