Coconut Cherry Cookies
With bits of dried cherries, orange candies and coconut in each bite, these cookies won’t last long in thee cookie jar! Butter and sour cream make a rich dough.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange slice candy, chopped
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from barbarabakes.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Mix butter, shortening, sugar and eggs thoroughly. Stir in sour cream, lemon extract and orange rind.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
Mix flour mixture into butter mixture. Add cherries, orange slice candy and coconut.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tip: Use a little bit of flour on the cutting board to make chopping the orange slice candy easier.
You'll also love
- Watermelon Juice 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- SALMON TRIANGLES 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Lentil Crusted Tofu with Awesome... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Raffaello Coconut Balls #2 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Garden Turkey Burgers 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple-Cherry Dump Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Amaretto Butter Cookies with... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)