HG's Grilled Apple 'n Squash Sausage Kebabs
1/6th of recipe (1 skewer): 152 calories, 5g fat, 431mg sodium, 17g carbs, 2g fiber, 9g sugars, 10.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
- 1/4 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into 1-inch cubes (see HG Tip!)
- 2 cups apples cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12 oz. (about 4 links) fully cooked chicken sausage with 8g fat or less per 3-oz. serving (like the kind by Applegate Organics), sliced into 1-inch coins
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning. (You’ll need six.)
To make the glaze, in a small bowl, combine preserves with soy sauce. Stir until uniform.
Place squash and apples in a large microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir, and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until squash has slightly softened.
Alternately thread squash, apples, and sausage coins onto six skewers, tightly packing pieces together.
Spray a grill with nonstick spray and bring to medium-low heat. Brush all sides of the kebabs with the glaze. Grill for 6 minutes with the grill cover down.
Flip kebabs. With the grill cover down, grill for 6 - 8 minutes, or until squash has softened.
You'll also love
- Convection Baked Bacon 3.2/5 (13 Votes)
- W30/D: Crock Pot Lemongrass and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shakshuka with Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Beef Brisket, Southern... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smothered Potatoes With Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cool Whip Jello Salad/Orange &... 0/5 (0 Votes)