W30/D: Crock Pot Lemongrass and Coconut Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 thick stalk fresh lemongrass, papery outer skins and rough bottom removed, trimmed to the bottom 5 inches
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger, microplaned
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Celtic Sea Salt
Place the drumsticks in a large bowl and seasoned them with salt.
(Rip the skin off drumsticks with the aid of a paper towel because it makes the slippery skin easier to grab.)
Place the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, coconut aminos, and five spice powder into a processor until a smooth sauce formed.
Pour the marinade onto the chicken and mix it well.
Dump the onion into the bottom of the slow cooker and put the drumsticks and marinade on top. Set the slow cooker on low and cook it for about 4-5 hours.
When it was done cooking, I transferred it to a storage container to chill in the fridge for a couple days.
Sprinkle on some chopped fresh cilantro.
You'll also love
- Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Opera-in-the-Park Raspberry Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yummy Lemon Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Green Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Coconut Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vietnamese lemongrass pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Lemongrass Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)