Jolean's Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Caserole
Jimmy cooked this and the whole house smelled as good as it taste...Great to warm up with on a cold winter day.
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed, approx 1 lb
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lb velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage, we like a little more
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Cut sausage in half, lengthwise and then chop into 1/2 inch half moon cuts. Cook in frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
Meanwhile, put cooked and diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
Mix all remaning ingredients (except for shredded cheese and the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. Use a whisk and stir constantly.
Pour white/cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top)
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (398 Votes)