CRANBERRY MAPLE MUFFINS
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 1/4 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- or Craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Adapted from oceanspray.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Work butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until butter is the size of small peas. Stir in oats. Set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Combine milk, oil, egg and maple extract in a separate bowl. Add liquid ingredients to dry, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full with batter. Sprinkle topping evenly over each muffin. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Iraqi Lamb and Eggplant Stew with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- beefless tips pasta gardein 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato and Peach Salad with Feta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini with Rice and Coconut Milk 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Simple Strawberry Jello Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Low-Fat No-Bake Blueberry... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Dessert Squares 4.3/5 (23 Votes)