Couscous (or Quinoa) with Mango, cucumber and cilantro
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 6.3 ounce box couscous or quinoa
- 2 tbsps. olive oil divided
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 2 cups cucumber unpeeled
- 1 cup shopped cilantro
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Adapted from google.com
Combine broth and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous or quinoa; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and couscous or quinoa is al dente. Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp. olive oil to prevent grains from sticking. Let cool.
Add mango, cucumber and cilantro; toss well.
Whist together honey, remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over mixture; mix well.
You'll also love
- Organic Pork Herb Trio 4/5 (1 Votes)
- White Chocolate-Raspberry... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh apple cake with caramel sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One-Bowl Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- K's Southern Corn Pudding 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chow Mei Fun (Stir Fried Noodles) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheeseless Pasta Bake 4/5 (1 Votes)