Okinawan Sweet Potatoes - Mashed with Coconut Milk
- 3-4 purple Okinawa sweet potatoes
- 1/3 about 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 tsp sea salt, to taste
- dash pepper to taste
Adapted from vegetarian.about.com
Peel the potatoes and boil in water for about 45 minutes, until soft. Okinawa sweet potatoes take longer than regular potatoes to cook, so make sure they are quite soft.
Drain the water and mash with coconut milk. Add more coconut milk until desired consistency is reached. Add garlic and sea salt and pepper.
Being a traditional Kauaian recipe, this is to be served with aloha.
You'll also love
- Highbush Cranberry Sauce 3.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Red Lobster's New England Clam... 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Joy of Cooking Apple Pie 3.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Corn Bread/Miss Kay 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Buttermilk-Coconut... 3.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Justin Wilson's Picnic Potato Salad 3.8/5 (10 Votes)