Old-Fashioned Buttermilk-Coconut Pie
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (1 crust)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 52mins
1. Let pie crust stand according to package directions. Unroll pie crust; line a 9-inch pie plate with crust. Tuck crust under and flute edges. Do not prick crust. Line crust with double thickness of foil.
2. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes more or until crust is light brown. Remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack.. Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
3. For filling; In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in sugar and flour. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs lightly until combined. Add buttermilk and vanilla; whisk until just combined. Gradually whisk buttermilk mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Stir in coconut.
5. Place partially baked pastry shell on oven rack; pour filling into shell.
Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
6. Place in 350 degree oven 30 minutes. Remove the foil; bake pie about 10 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center co0mes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Cover and store any remaining pie in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
You'll also love
- French Coconut Pie 4.1/5 (77 Votes)
- Dean & Deluca Crab Cakes 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Emeril Lagasse's Cajun-Injected... 3.8/5 (34 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding Shots 3.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Lemon Curd - Ina Garten 3.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Gordon Ramsay's Banana Oat Muffins 3.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Coconut Cake with 7-Minute Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Coconut Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)