Old-Fashioned Buttermilk-Coconut Pie
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (1 crust)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 52mins
1. Let pie crust stand according to package directions. Unroll pie crust; line a 9-inch pie plate with crust. Tuck crust under and flute edges. Do not prick crust. Line crust with double thickness of foil.
2. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes more or until crust is light brown. Remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack.. Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
3. For filling; In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in sugar and flour. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs lightly until combined. Add buttermilk and vanilla; whisk until just combined. Gradually whisk buttermilk mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Stir in coconut.
5. Place partially baked pastry shell on oven rack; pour filling into shell.
Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
6. Place in 350 degree oven 30 minutes. Remove the foil; bake pie about 10 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center co0mes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Cover and store any remaining pie in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
You'll also love
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Marsala and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Sherbet, Old-Fashioned 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rhubarb Ginger Peach Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Trinidadian Salara Coconut Rolls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- French Coconut Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)