Carrot-Thyme Soup with Cream
This is the perfect soup for Halloween or any chilly night. It’s creamy, rich, hearty and satisfying, and its bright orange color brightens a dark time of year.
- 3 pounds baby carrots or carrot chunks
- 8 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, plus leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Combine carrots, stock and thyme in a pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from the heat and cool 5 minutes. Transfer the soup in two batches to a blender and pulse until smooth. (Or you may use an immersion blender). Purée soup completely, then stir in honey and cream.
Taste, then add salt and pepper as needed. Stir in a little warm broth if the soup needs thinning.
Serve warm with a few thyme leaves on top.
You'll also love
- Lime in the Coconut Frosted... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Copycat... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Taco Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Yucatán Pork Stew with Ancho... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Momofuku Carrot Layer Cake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Zuppa Toscana: Italian Potato... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Turkey and Wild Rice Soup 4.7/5 (22 Votes)