General Tso's Shrimp
Spice up you night with this delicious General Tso's Shrimp. You can easily substitute chicken for the shrimp. Serve with a side of rice.
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic, about 2 teaspoons
- 1 teapsoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 dried red whole chilis
- 18 to 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallion greens, sliced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine stock, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin, chili paste, sesame oil, sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl and mix with a fork until blended and smooth.
Heat oil in a large wok over high heat until smoking. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Immediately add whole chilies and shrimp and toss to combine.
Add sauce and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened into a thick glossy glaze. Transfer contents immediately to a hot plate and serve with steamed rice.
You'll also love
- The Original Yumm Bowl 3.9/5 (143 Votes)
- Mojo Punch 4/5 (44 Votes)
- Blueberry Velvet Cake with Cream... 3.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Mississippi Roast Crockpot 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Peppers 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad with Spiced... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Skimpy 4.4/5 (8 Votes)