Moroccan Chicken and Couscous Soup
Per Serving(11/2 cups) 274 Cal,5 g Fat,1 g Sat Fat,0 g Trans Fat, 35 mg Cho;, 849 mg Sod, 34 g Carb, 6 g Fib, 23 g Prot, 104 mg Calc.
Points value 5
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (151/2-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (141/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with Roasted garlic and onion.
- 1 (6-ounce) bag shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1(10-ounce0 package sliced oven-roasted chicken breast, cut into bite sized pices
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup plain couscous
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Bring the broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, carrots and cinnamon to a boil in a large covered saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and heat thrugh, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the spinach and couscous. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand until the couscous is tender and the spinachwilts, about 5 minutes.