Italian Ricotta Cookies
Soft and moist, almost like cake--you won't want to share these Italian Ricotta Cookies. These cookies make a scrumptious addition to any dessert table or celebratory gathering.
- 2 sticks of butter, about 1/2-pound
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 teapoon vanilla
- zest of 1 orange
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectionery sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- spinkles, optional to garnish
Adapted from facebook.com
Cream the 2 sticks of butter together with a mixer; add the 2 cups of sugar and continue creaming. Add the 2 eggs egg, ricotta, and 1 teaspoons vanilla; beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to batter.
Drop about a teaspoon of dough on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350˚F oven for about 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cooling racks.
Meanwhile, mix confectionery sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 3 tablespoons of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla together in a small bowl. Once the cookies have cooled drizzle the icing over them and top with the sprinkles of your choice.
You'll also love
- Leggy Spider 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Squash Croquettes 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Crab Cucumber Bites 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemon-Sage Roast Turkey Breast 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Eggnog Jello Shots 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Loaf Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sufganiyot, Israeli Jelly Donuts... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Holiday Toffee Bars 4.6/5 (21 Votes)