Beer and Beef Chili Sliders on Bacon Biscuits with Tomatillo Ketchup
- 2 poblano chiles
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 8 oz box jiffy buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tomatillos-peeled, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef chuck
- 3/4 cup pound of ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp grill seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika, ground cumin, coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp grated peel plus the juice of 1 lime
- Shredded lettuce, for serving
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 85mins
Preheat the broiler. Arrange chiles on a broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally, until blackened all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Peel and discard the stems and seeds.
While the chiles are broiling, in a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain reserving about 2 tbsp of the bacon fat; crumble the bacon.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix with 1/2 cup water and whisk until a dough forms. Mix in the cheese, chives, mustard, honey, bacon, and reserved bacon fat. Spoon 8 equal mound of the biscuit dough onto a baking sheet and bake until golden, 10 minutes. Let cool for 2 min, transfer to a rack and let cool completely; split.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the tomatillos, onion, and grlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the onions and tomatillos are softened, 8 to 10 min.
Medium bowl combine the beeff, beer, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, grill seasoning, paprika, cumin, coriander and oregano. Shape into 8 patties, about 1 1/2 in thick. Add to the grill and cook, turning once, for 5 min for medium-rare. Using food processor, puree tomatillo mixture, chiles, cilantro, lime peel and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Top each biscuit bottom with a little shredded lettuce, a beef patty, some tomatillo ketchup and biscuit top; secure with toothpick.
You'll also love
- Lobster, Shrimp and Corn Stock 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Poke Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Salad Dressing (Mom) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Roasting Times 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Thyme Beef Kabobs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork with cranberry chutney 0/5 (0 Votes)
- beef and tortellini soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar, Tomato & Bacon Oven... 0/5 (0 Votes)