Decadent Red Velvet Scones
These decadent and delicious red velvet scones make a great dessert or anytime "tea" treat. Dried cranberries add that extra tangy pop and put them over the top!
- 1 container Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Duncan Hines Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine cake mix and flour in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of very coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries and cream with fork until mixture just holds together.
Knead dough with well floured hands to form a ball. Place dough on prepared pan and gently press down to form an 8- or 9-inch domed circle. Cut circle into 8 wedges with a greased knife.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are starting to brown and center is set.
Cool completely on wire rack. Serve scones, spread with frosting.
You'll also love
- Vegetarian Mushroom Thyme Gravy 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Apple Pumpkin Muffins 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Ginger Turmeric Chicken 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Muffins 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Denver Omelet Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 4.5/5 (18 Votes)