Asparagus Fries with Lemon Herb Sriracha Dip
These Crunchy Baked Asparagus Fries with Lemon Herb Sriracha Dip make the best appetizer/snack or dinner! Made with toasted panko and then dipped in a spicy bright yogurt sauce, these tasty bites will be gone in seconds! If you don't like the Sriacha sauce, you can always use ranch or marinara sauce, but WHY would you...??? Try it once, and let your taste buds decide! So refreshing and delicious!
- Asparagus Fries
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Herb Sriracha Dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Panko Breadcrumbs and Sriracha can be found at most major grocery stores or on-line.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Lemon Herb Sriracha Dip:
Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a skillet over medium-low heat, toast the panko breadcrumbs until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate and add salt. Toss to combine.
2. In a bowl beat eggs and water together to create an egg wash and pour onto a plate. Set up a “work station” with the asparagus, flour that has been placed on a plate, egg wash, toasted panko crumbs with parmesan cheese mixed together, and a baking sheet.
3. To bread the asparagus: First roll an asparagus spear in flour, then egg wash, and then panko crumbs – pressing to adhere. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Place the breaded asparagus on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked but still crunchy.
4. If you had not not completed the sauce yet...While the asparagus is baking, make the dipping sauce. Place all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and stir to combine, it still needs to sit for at least 30 minutes, so it is best to do this first.
5. Plate, serve, and watch these disappear.
You'll also love
- Fresh Cherry Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Sangre Blood Orange Margarita 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- My Daddy’s Favorite Four-Layer... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding With... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Beer Glazed Citrus Chicken with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Korean Style Braised Chicken in... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Asparagus Soup 4.6/5 (15 Votes)