Crunchy Wasabi Crusted Fish with Red Cabbage Slaw
- For fish:
- 4 (3/4- to 1-inch-thick) skinless white-fleshed fish fillets, such as Pacific cod or halibut (6 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste (from a tube)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- For slaw:
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 seedless cucumber (usually plastic-wrapped)
- 8 oz shredded red cabbage (4 cups; from a 10-oz package)
- pickled ginger (sushi ginger)
Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F.
Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
Pat fillets dry, then arrange in baking pan.
Sprinkle salt all over fillets.
Stir together wasabi paste and mayonnaise in a bowl, then spread tops of fillets with half of mayonnaise and sprinkle with half of panko.
Turn fillets over and spread with remaining mayonnaise, then sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
Bake until fish is just cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes, then broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until crumbs on top are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Make slaw while fish bakes:
Stir together vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
Halve cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice.
Add to dressing along with cabbage and stir to coat. Serve slaw alongside fish.
You'll also love
- Grandma Ruby's Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Bruschetta with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garden Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cucumber and Herb Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Filled Cabbage - Parboil Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood Norfolk 3.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Joe’s Crab Shack(™) BBQ Crab... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Oven Fried Haddock 0/5 (0 Votes)