Beef Tenderloin Bruschetta with Brown Butter
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped serrano chile
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steak, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 (1/4-ounce) diagonal slices French bread baguette, toasted (1/2 inch thick)
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; cover and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 mustard seed to pan; cook until seed pops (about 90 seconds). Add remaining seeds; stir to coat with oil. Cover and cook seeds for 30 seconds or until they begin to pop, gently shaking the pan. Stir in butter and cover. Cook until 1 second passes between pops, shaking pan constantly (about 30 seconds). Remove from heat. Scrape mustard seed mixture into mango mixture; stir gently. Let stand 5 minutes.
Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add beef to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice across the grain into very thin slices.
Divide beef slices evenly among baguette slices. Top each bruschetta with 1 1/2 teaspoons mango mixture. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Garden Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cucumber and Herb Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Red Bean Skillet with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hoisin Turkey Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 21 Day Fix Approved Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tournedos of Beef Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Regency Beef Tenderloin with... 5/5 (1 Votes)