White Bean Puree With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup dried Great Northern beans
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 small onion quartered
- 2 fresh 4"-long rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup boiling water or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Toasted pita triangles for serving
Place beans in medium saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover beans by 3 inches. Let stand overnight.
Drain beans well. Return to saucepan. Add 4 cups water, onion, and rosemary sprigs. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until beans are soft, about 1 hour 45 minutes. Discard rosemary sprigs. Drain beans and onion; cool to room temperature.
Using on/off turns, puree drained beans and onion, sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, and chopped rosemary in processor until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Add 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Puree until blended. With machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup boiling water. Thin with more water by tablespoonfuls if necessary. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Transfer white bean puree to wide shallow bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve with toasted pita triangles.
This recipe yields 4 cups.
You'll also love
- Veal Stew With Green Olives And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Chops With Rosemary Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna- And Potato-Stuffed Ancho... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tostadas With Eggs, Black Beans,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato, Onion, And Serrano Chile... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pinto Bean Enfrijoladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meatballs In Tomato-Serrano Chile... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken And White Bean Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)