Slow Cooker Spicy Black Bean-Corn Casserole - Cooking Light
This spicy vegetarian entree has all the flavors of enchiladas, but instead of using it to fill corn tortillas, you top the saucy black bean and corn mixture with a corn bread batter just before the last hour of cooking.
For a complete meal, serve with a salad or mixed greens, orange sections, and sliced avocado dressed in a light vinaigrette.
Calories 366 (30% from fat)
Fat 12.4g (sat 5.8g, mono 0g, poly 0.1g)
- - 3 Tbsp. diced green chiles, divided
- - 1/2 cup salsa
- - 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- - 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- - 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- - 1 (11 oz.) can corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- - 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- - 1/2 cup egg substitute
- - 1 (8 1/2 oz.) package corn muffin mix
- - 2 Tbsp. chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- - 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pre-shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or Cheddar cheese
- - 6 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- - 1 1/2 tsp. thinly sliced fresh cilantro
1. Place 2 Tbsp. green chiles and next 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart electric slow cooker, stir well. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
2. Combine remaining 1 Tbsp. green chiles, egg substitute, muffin mix, and roasted red bell peppers in a bowl. Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in cooker. Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.
3. Sprinkle cheese over corn bread. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each serving with sour cream, sprinkle with cilantro.