Green Apple Cobbler
Delicious freshly baked green apple cobbler.
- For the Apples:
- 2 green apples – peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- For the Cake:
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of butter milk
- Crumb Topping:
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 350˚F.
In a mix-master combine the butter and the sugar and mix until smooth and creamy, then add the egg and the buttermilk.
In a separate bowl combine the flour with the baking powder. Slowly add this to the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will be thick.
Peel and slice the apples. Heat a large frying pan on low with the 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the sliced apples in the pan add the lemon juice and dust the apples with the brown sugar and cinnamon. As soon as the apples are coated remove from the heat.
Butter an 8 ½ inch baking pan and place the apples on the bottom.
Since the batter is thick, spoon it evenly over the apples.
Combine the ingredients for the topping and crumble with your fingers so that it resembles little pebbles. Distribute this over the batter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden.
Gently loosen the edges with a spatula and place a serving plate over the pan and turn over.
(I suppose this is an upside down cobbler)
You'll also love
- Manwich Meatloaf 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookies 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Joe's Stone Crab Amazing Apple... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Limoncello Sorbet 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Shoulder Roast 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- No Bake Pineapple Cream Pie 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Honey glazed peach tart with... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Penne with tofu, porcini mushroom... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Northern Spy's Kale Salad 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Chile con Queso 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Hershey's Kisses's Acorn Treats 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Albondigas Authentic Mexican Style... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- WW Baked Crab Rangoon 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Rainbow Jello Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters with... 4/5 (48 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake... 4/5 (50 Votes)
- Sausage Cheese Dip - "The Man Dip" 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Idiot's Delight Cake - Holiday... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Chicken 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Dungeness Crab Potstickers 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cake 3.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Canning Pepper Rings 3.9/5 (40 Votes)
- "CRAB CHILI" 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Apple Crisp (for 50) 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Keg's French Onion Soup 3.2/5 (13 Votes)