Apricot Sour Cream Scones
Fresh baked scones right from the oven, it doesn't get any better! Recipe yields tangy and sweet flavors of sour cream and apricots in a tender, buttery scone.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend (for glaze)
- Additional golden brown sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Make well in center of mixture.
Add sour cream and vanilla to well. Using fork, stir sour cream mixture into dry mixture until dough forms.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Sprinkle apricots over. Knead dough until apricots are incorporated, about 10 turns. Flatten dough into 8-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges.
Transfer wedges to baking sheet. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.