Carrot Apple Fall Muffins
They were a little sweet for me as written so I will plan on cutting down on the sugar the recipe calls for the next time I make them. This recipe is a definite keeper and tastes great with a cup of hot java.
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups organic cane sugar (or to taste)
- 1 large green apple
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup coconut, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Place carrots, coconut oil and eggs into a high-powered, high-capacity blender. Blend on high until the carrots are completely liquefied.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to completely combine. Add sugar and stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to this mixture, and stir until the dry mixture is totally wet.
Clean the apple and grate with peels included. Add grated apple, walnuts, oats and coconut to the mixture, and stir to completely combine all ingredients.
Either grease your muffin tin (I prefer to use stoneware) or mini loaf pan (not required if you use stoneware), or line with muffin papers. Fill 3/4 full and place in oven.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean, or muffin top feels firm.
These muffins freeze well, so prepare ahead of time for Thanksgiving Day breakfast!
Note: this recipe has been scaled down from the original submitted yield from 48 muffins to 24.
Recipe submitted by Tamara, Spring, TX
You'll also love
- Maple roasted parsnips and carrots 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach Mojito Smoothie Recipe 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Cadillac Margarita 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon infused Olive Oil Recipe 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Carrot & Zucchini Mini-Muffins 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp With Coconut Oil 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Caramelized Apples 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Yeast Corn Bread Loaf 4.7/5 (14 Votes)