Maple roasted parsnips and carrots
Weight Watchers 132 calories, 5 g fat, 0g sat. fat, 6 g fiber
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (grade B if you can find it)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 x 3-1/2 inch strips
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced on diagonal
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from Weightwatchers.com
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large baking sheet with heavy-duty nonstick foil.
2. Whisk maple syrup, oil, mustard, binegar and thyme in large bowl. Add parsnips and carrots; toss to coat. (If making ahead, cover with damp paper towel then plastic wrap and chill up to 1 day). Roast until liquid evaporates and vegetables are tender, 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through roasting time.