Gratin Of Penne, Turkey, And Mushrooms
- 12 ounces penne
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 2/3 cup sliced shallots - (abt 5)
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups turkey gravy (preferably homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-grated Gruyère cheese - (packed) abt 6 oz, divided
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey meat - (abt 1 lb)
Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 350 degrees. Butter 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms and thyme; sauté until mushrooms are tender and dark brown, about 12 minutes. Add pasta, gravy, 1 cup cheese, and cream to mushroom mixture; stir to blend. Mix in turkey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake gratin until sauce is bubbling around edges and tips of pasta are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Frozen Pumpkin Mousse With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel And Orange Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole Soup With Pasta And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Apple Sausage And Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash And Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Boston Brown Bread Stuffing With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Rigatoni With Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Turkey-Noodle Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)