Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches
Yummy healthy ice cream sandwiches made with blueberries and graham crackers.
- 1/3 cup Blueberry preserves
- 4 teaspoons vanilla -2 in the preserves, 2 yogurt mixture
- 2 cups blueberries, patted dry
- 30 graham crackers squares ( about 2 1/2")
- 1 8 oz packgage cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cold plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Ghirardelli chocolate - optional
Preparation time 40mins
Adapted from 4.bp.blogspot.com
1. In a medium saucepan, combine preserves and half of the vanilla.
Stir in blueberries and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
2. Line a 9x14 pan with foil extending over the sides. Arrange graham crackers in pan, flat side up. Freeze pan!
Whirl remaining vanilla in a food processor with the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and orange zest until smooth. Add the blueberry mixture to this.
Whirl a few minutes.
Freeze this mixture in an ice cream maker for about 25 minutes.
Remove frozen graham cracker pan from freezer. Spread the frozen ice cream over the graham crackers. Pat smooth. Add graham tops to this for the sandwiches. Cover with plastic and freeze about 5 hours. Grasp the extended foil as handles and remove from pan. Cut along cracker lines. Trim if needed and enjoy!