Peach Cobbler Muffins
Is it dessert or breakfast? Enjoy all the goodness of homemade peach cobbler in portable, single-serve muffins any time of day! Great for holiday brunch!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder, preferably aluminum-free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, cubed (1/2-inch cubes) fresh or frozen peaches
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly spray 12 large muffin cups with vegetable oil spray or line them with paper muffin cups.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and granulated sugar.
In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the peaches, using as few strokes as possible. Be careful not to overmix.
With a large ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them approximately two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops with Turbinado sugar.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown. The tops should be firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
Turn muffins out of the pan and enjoy warm or at room temperature. The muffins can be stored in an airtight container up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Cake 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding 3.8/5 (141 Votes)
- Peachy Grilled Chicken 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana... 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Peaches n' Cream Pie 4.6/5 (51 Votes)
- Moist and Easy Cornbread 4.2/5 (82 Votes)
- Old Time Oven Peach Cobbler 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast... 4.3/5 (71 Votes)