Leeks Vinaigrette With Smoked Whitefish And Apple
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 whole small leeks - (1" dia)
- 1 Gala apple cored, and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 8 ounces smoked whitefish carefully boned, and coarsely flaked
Whisk shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Trim root end of leeks, leaving core intact. Remove any tough outer leaves. Cut each leek in half lengthwise.
Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add leeks; reduce heat to low and simmer until leeks are soft, about 12 minutes. Drain. Arrange leeks on platter. Spoon 1/2 cup vinaigrette over; let stand until leeks cool, about 1 hour.
Add apple to remaining vinaigrette. Divide leeks among 8 plates. Spoon fish over leeks. Top fish with apple mixture and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Artichokes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Glazed Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Capers, Olives, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Flourless Chocolate-Orange Almond... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Cod With Asparagus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Chicken With Leeks And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yukon Gold Potato And Fuji Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)