Chicken Roasted With Lemongrass And Garlic
- 4 pieces lemongrass - (abt 6" long) cut crosswise
- into 1/2" pieces
- 10 garlic cloves
- 5 shallots quartered
- 4 serrano chilies cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce (nam pla) (available at Asian markets specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 chicken - (abt 2 1/2 lbs) cut in half, backbone removed
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 5 ounces Chinese long beans cut into 2" pieces (or regular green beans)
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
Puree the first 7 ingredients, 3 tablespoons oil, and 2 tablespoons sugar in blender. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add lemongrass marinade and seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt. Add chicken, skin-side down, to skillet. Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Turn skin-side up; transfer skillet to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, bell pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and cook until beans are tender and liquid reduces enough to coat beans, about 5 minutes. Divide between 2 plates. Top with chicken.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken Breasts With Citrus Pan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Catfish Tacos With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Soup With Sesame Seeds And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Baby Artichokes With Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla-Bean Cheesecake, Guava... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper, Almond, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon, Sage, And Garlic Roast... 0/5 (0 Votes)