Bresaola With Arugula, Fennel, And Manchego Cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 package sliced bresaola - (4 oz) (available at Italian markets and some specialty foods stores)
- 54 arugula leaves - (about)
- 1 medium fennel bulb halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 piece Manchego or Parmesan cheese - (4 oz) shaved into strips
Whisk olive oil and lemon juice in small bowl to blend; set dressing aside.
Place 1 bresaola slice on work surface with 1 long side parallel to edge. Place 3 arugula leaves at 1 short end so that leaves extend past 1 long side. Top with layer of sliced fennel, then 2 cheese strips. Sprinkle with pepper. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon dressing.
Starting at filled end, roll up bresaola, enclosing filling. Arrange, seam-side down, on platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 18 rolls total. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap; chill. Before serving, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.)
This recipe yields 18 rolls.