Roasted Salmon with Lemon-Caper Butter Sauce
Salmon with lemon, capers and butter, is a delicious combination that is also easy to prepare. The rich, meaty texture of salmon pairs beautifully with salty capers, tangy citrus and creamy butter. In this recipe, we roast salmon in the pan and prepare the sauce in the same skillet, to ensure all the flavors within cooking the salmon are infused in the sauce.
- 8 (4-5 ounce)skinless salmon fillets
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 4 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from glowkitchen.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Season fillets generously on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium high heat until smoking. Sear salmon on both sides until lightly browned., about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping once with a fish spatula.
Pop the salmon into the oven and cook for 4-6 minutes.
Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil and place over moderate heat. When the oil is starting to shimmer, add the shallots and capers and saute until the shallots are softened and the capers are slightly crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and simmer until slightly reduced. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the butter until incorporated. Taste and season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
To serve, transer the cooked salmon onto a warmed dinner plate. Using a ladle, pour the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Blackberry Sangria 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Meringue Tartelettes 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Crab and Chive Puffs 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cherry, Chocolate Chunk and... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Tilapia Sandwich 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Limoncello Sorbet 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Salmon Baked in Foil (with Lime... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)