Kristen's Strawberry Icing
Perfect match for Kristen's Strawberry cupcakes! Don't be afraid to add more strawberries or cream to get your perfect taste!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, divided
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Place strawberries in a blender, puree until smooth.
2. Transfer strawberry puree to a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring often, until puree is reduce by at least half, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Beat butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Beat 1 cup confectioners' sugar into butter until just blended.
5. Beat 2 tablespoons strawberry puree and vanilla extract into butter mixture until just blended.
6. Repeat with 1 cup confectioners' sugar, followed by 2 tablespoons of strawberry puree two more times. (The puree may be more concentrated, so the measurements may not be perfect. The key is to add it gradually.)
7. Beat last 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar into mixture until just blended.
8. Add whipping cream and whip icing for 1-2 minutes or until desired fluffiness is reached.