Jowl Bacon Spinach Salad
A delicate, fresh bacon on a bed of organic spinach. Oranges offer a touch of sweetness. Simple yet delicious.
- 4 slices jowl bacon, thin cut
- 4 handfuls organic baby spinach, washed and spun
- 1 organic shallot, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 organic navel orange, peeled and chopped
- organic EVOO
- sea salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the jowl bacon. Let cook for 2 minutes, and flip. Cook another two minutes, just so each side has browned and crisped up slightly. Remove from skillet and drain.
Sauté the shallots over medium-high heat, until caramelized. While they cook, chop the jowl bacon and begin building the salad.
Place spinach and oranges in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Toss and divide onto plates. Top each salad with the jowl bacon and sautéed shallots. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Salmon Burger with Avocado Lime... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken and Chorizo Paella 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Avocado Salad with Potato 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Mom's Vegetable Soup with Ham Bone 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Dog Ice Cream Pumpkin Pops for... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Maple Caramel Bacon Crack 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)