Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 lbs beef cross rib roast
- 1 carton Beef Broth, 25% Less Sodium900 mL
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
1. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and sprinkle over the roast. In the slow cooker, combine broth, vinegar and sugar, and mix well. Add the beef and vegetables, cover and turn the slow cooker toLOW. Cook for approx. 8 hrs.
2. Half an hour before serving, remove the beef and vegetables to a plate and tent with foil. Skim fat from the broth. Turn heat toHIGH. Mix flour and water together in a small bowl to make a slurry, and slowly add to the broth, pouring through a strainer to avoid lumps. Replace lid and cook for 30 min.
3. Slice beef, serve with gravy, vegetables and your favourite side.