Apple Sauce Date Bars
In a rush? These yummy bars are a quick and easy way to start your day or when you need a quick boost!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 16 ounce can apple sauce
- 1 cup cut-up dates
- 1 cup raisins
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cream butter or margarine, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Alternately add dry ingredients and apple sauce. Stir in dates and raisins.
Spread in greased and floured 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1-inch pan.
Bake in 350°F degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost when cool. Cut into bars.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (212 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.9/5 (370 Votes)
- SOUR CHERRY STRUDELS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Left-Over Beef Stew Pot Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunshine Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gail Simmons' Strawberry Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gourmet Apple Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)